Email marketing is the most cost efficient and fastest way to reach a large, targeted audience in a short period of time. Three crucial components of successful email marketing campaigns is effective message writing, a good contact list, and proper email distribution. But if you’ve never done any email marketing, you may not know where to begin.
First, if you don’t already have a good contact list to market to you’ll need to acquire or build a targeted list of prospects. Next, you’ll need to sign up for an email marketing system to create, design and launch your email campaign. Finally, you’ll need to write the content of the promotional emails. Writing effective email messages is where many people could use some assistance.
• Keep your message focused and simple – you only have a few seconds to grab your prospects’ attention so do it with a simple, powerful message that clearly states what you’re selling and how it will benefit the reader.
• Include a clear call to action – tell the reader exactly what you want them to do. Do you want them to schedule a meeting, call you, visit your website, or respond to the email? Whatever you choose, make the action clear and easy to follow.
• Motivate them with a clear and compelling offer – an offer can be found in many things such as a discount, free trial, educational information relevant to the reader – you name it! Entice your reader to respond to you and your offer
• Repetition is critical – you must consistently and frequently broadcast your message to build name recognition and stay in front of your prospects so they don’t forget about you.
• Give your email a strong subject line – The content of your subject line will drive prospects to open your email, delete it, ignore it, file it, report it, or filter it as spam. Also, a poorly written subject line may not even reach your contact’s inbox
Need More Help?
Whether you choose to do it yourself or enlist the services of a marketing specialist for your email marketing, you should take into consideration your resources, budget and time you have available to spend on email marketing. Much of your email marketing can be outsourced very cost effectively. Consider Cox eLearning Consultants (COX), for example. COX can:
• Provide Contact Lists – COX has an established history of trust with our email vendors for contact lists that we load into our accounts. As a result, these vendors also trust that future contact lists we use will be high quality. By partnering with COX, that trust umbrella would cover you as well.
• Provide an Email Marketing System – Due to the high volume use by COX, we get very attractive pricing from our email vendors and pass the savings on to you.
• Help with your Campaigns and Message Writing – COX offers you assistance with any portion of your email marketing – from design to distribution to analysis. Because we already know the system, our assistance will be efficient and economical.
• Fit within Your Budget – With many payment plan options such as month-to-month, six month and 12 month plans, COX can fit into any budget.